Sunday, February 13, 2011

I.Q. Goes to the Library & Dancing Matilda


I.Q. Goes to the Library by Mary Ann Fraser

I.Q. the mouse enjoys attending the library every day during library week.

Mom's Review: A really good book to introduce all the aspects of the library to kids without being "preachy" about the the values of being a library patron. Each day the kids and the mouse (and no, I don't know why the mouse was part of the class, or why/how he could read and write. It's just one of those things that you just have to accept) would go to the library to experience all the awesome things available: like..... puppets, CDs, computers, DVDs, and, of course, BOOKS! Reading through this book made me realize that I need to take the child to a really cool fun library like the big one in center city. Or maybe, at least, the regional library; it has more than one level and lots of departments. The library we usually go to is awesome because it's small and quaint, but I think I'd like her to get the full library experience.

Daughter's Review: I liked it because I like to read books a lot and I like pets. Sometimes mouses can be pets.

~~~~~~~~~~

Dancing Matilda by Sarah Hager and illustrated by Kelly Murphy

Matilda the kangaroo just loves to dance!

Mom's Review: At first it was kind of annoying, but once we got into the rhythm of it, it was fun; however, I could tell that my husband (the other story time attendee) was getting irritated with all the "dance and dance and dance and dance..." parts that were continually repeated. And, yeah, if I was listening to it, it would get on my nerves too, but since I was the one reading it, it wasn't too bad. I can parallel this to when some one is chomping on gum and you just want to hit them on the back of the head so it goes flying out of his mouth; BUT, when you're the chomping chewer, there's something really satisfying about each noisy chew. (What? Am I the only one?)

Daughter's Review: I liked it because I'm a ballerina dancer.

1 comment:

  1. Our library is small and quaint too. We are going tonight actually...and he only agreed because he can get a DVD. lol

    ReplyDelete