Saturday, February 12, 2011

Alice the Fairy


Alice the Fairy by David Shannon

Alice discuss the plight of being a "temporary fairy."

Mom's Review: This is the first book that I've read by David Shannon. I've seen his "David" books around, but never really bothered looking at them, and I'm not sure why. The little girl is kinda creepy looking, but other than that, I enjoyed the illustrations a lot. I particularly like how some letters of some words were used to illustrate the word. I'm sure that that has a specific word, but I'm exhausted and have no desire to google it right now, so you'll just have to accept that I am not a fountain of knowledge. An example, in the word "crown," the "w" is drawn to look like a crown. I think it's clever and cute. I like when the words are part of the illustration; it makes a book feel complete to me, and it helps me to appreciate the effort the author/illustrator has put into the work. The story, too, is cute. I'm going to make an effort to look for more David Shannon books.

Daughter's Review: I liked it because there were fairies in it, but I didn't like her head.

No comments:

Post a Comment