Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Zelda and Ivy: The Runaways


Zelda and Ivy The Runaways by Laura McGee Kvasnosky

Fox sisters Zelda and Ivy have three adventures in this "chapter" book.

Mom's Review: Admittedly, this book is marked "easy reader," so obviously it's intended for beginning readers. It has "chapters," but really, each chapter is another little story. The stories themselves are cute, not fantastic, but cute. The illustrations didn't do anything for me, however, so that was disappointing. And, to be perfectly honest, the only reason I picked up this book is because we have a cat named Zelda. This book wasn't great, but we probably won't read it again. That being sad, it held Abby's attention and I could see her looking at each page in detail, so when I find out her thoughts**, that will determine whether or not we get more of these Zelda & Ivy books.

**Not that this is vital information, but how I usually do this is, after we read the book, I sit in bed with the laptop while she falls asleep (yeah, she's 5 and still doesn't fall asleep on her own). I do my part and then, the following morning or afternoon, I ask her her opinion.


Daughter's Review: I liked it because I like the names "Zelda" and "Ivy."

No comments:

Post a Comment