Sunday, August 1, 2010

4. If You Give a Pig a Pancake

If You Give a Pig a Pancake by Laura Numeroff
A story that leads to a sequence of events that spawns from a pig requesting a pancake.

Mom's Review: I love these books. I really do. I love how one thing leads to another, leads to another. Kinda like how you are going into the kitchen to get a glass of water, but you see cat puke on the dining room floor so you go to get a wet paper towel, but then you see that you're out of paper towels so then you go to the basement to get them, but you realize that you left the washer open, so you go to close that and then you realize that the light in the basement bathroom is on, so you go to turn it off and see that there is kitty litter all over the place so you go to get the hand-held Dyson, but realize that you still left the washer open. You finally close the washer and the water begins to swish around which reminds you that all you wanted was a glass of water.

Daughter's Review:
I like this book. I like the colors.

3 comments:

  1. We love these books, we have a few of them. They're so cute and simple that Peyton had them memorized quickly, she loved being able to finish the sentences for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is a personal favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie- I love when Abby does that!

    Anne- I love this whole series. There's a book I saw with a all of the books published in one volume. I wanted to get it, but I think Abby was put off because it looked so thick.

    ReplyDelete