Sunday, August 1, 2010

5. Olivia

Olivia by Ian Falconer
Olivia the pig experiences life and deals with her little brother.

Mom's Review: I have to be honest. I probably wouldn't be interested in the book if it wasn't for the show. I really love the character of Olivia. Over dramatic (in a cute, bearable way) and entertaining. I did like the simple black and white drawings with the bright splashes of read here and there. I also really like Olivia's visit to the museum when she was looking at a Degas painting and the author asked what we thought Olivia was thinking about. Clever. I also enjoyed how Olivia explained that she could do a Pollock painting in 5 minutes and then proceeded to paint a Pollock-esque mural in her home. There were a few lines that I really liked: "This is Olivia. She is good at a lot of things."

Daughter's Review: I like Olivia because I liked the pictures. I like when she tries on all of her clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment