Monday, March 7, 2011

The Velveteen Rabbit and The Golden Egg Book


The Velveteen Rabbit Based on the story by Margery Williams Illustrated by Thea Kliros

A stuff bunny is loved to life.

Mom's Review: The story is cute, although it's a little disheartening when the boy's belongings need to be burned due to illness. This version is a little board book. I think I'll try to find a bigger, more detailed version at the library.

Daughter's Review: I liked the bunny and the fairy.

~~~~~~~~~~

The Golden Egg Book by Margaret Wise Brown illustrated by Leonard Weisgard

A little egg holds a lot of mystery.

Mom's Review: Margaret Wise Brown. Do I need to say more? No. But I will. I am continually amazed at this woman's writing talent. She takes complex concepts, simplifies them, and makes them comprehensible for children.
So the bunny and the duck were friends
And no one was ever alone again.


Daughter's Review: I liked it because I like bunnies.

1 comment:

  1. I wanna say we have a copy of the Velveteen rabbit somewhere, but can't remember reading it. I like to bring out all our bunny books this time of year.

    ReplyDelete