Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Matthew Wheelock's Wall


Matthew Wheelock's Wall by Frances Ward Weller illustrated by Ted Lewin


A nearly indestructible wall is built by a single man.

Mom's Review: I wanted to love this book. I usually enjoy anything that focuses on a single subject/object and its passage through time. I wanted so much more from this book than it provided. The words near poetry, but just not close enough for me. I feel like the book is trying too hard. The images are masterfully done, but kind of boring. I enjoy more color. I imagine they were kind of boring to create as well; well, they would be for me anyhow. By no means was this book awful, I just had higher hopes. It's all about expectations.

Daughter's Review: I didn't like this book. The pictures weren't good either.

No comments:

Post a Comment