Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Why Mosquitoes Buzz in People's Ears


Why Mosquitoes Buzz in People's Ears by Verna Aardema pictures by Leo and Diane Dillon

The tale of a chain reaction of a mosquito's buzzing.

Mom's Review: Not one of my favorite books. It's one of those chain reaction things that you hope will have a really cool conclusion. Except it doesn't. And an owlet is killed by a falling monkey. (Skipped that sentence while reading, but the child still picked up on it.)Avoid this book. In my opinion, you don't want a children's book to have dead baby animals in it. Despite the Caldecott Medal, the artwork didn't do much for me.

Daughter's Review: I liked it because I like animals.

2 comments:

  1. I tried that skipping over thing...in the Jamie Lee Curtis book (It's hard being five) when the boy bites his friend. lol Ben asked me to go back...he knew something was weird. lol The dead baby animal is much worse. I will avoid this one. Thx!

    ReplyDelete