Sunday, February 20, 2011

Horton Hears a Who!


Horton Hears a Who! by Dr. Seuss


The title explains it all.

Mom's Review: My view of Dr. Seuss was made perfectly clear not too long ago. My daughter, sensing my dislike of Seuss' writing, decided to check out approximately five books by the fine "doctor." She likes to keep her Mommy agitated in every way possible. I will eat crow and announce that I have discovered a Dr. Seuss book that I like. I really, really like Horton. The Seussian rhymes don't irritate me in this book; I don't know why, though. I love Horton and his willingness to help. He's a pretty awesome elephant. We actually own the movie, but only ever watched it once, and frankly, I was probably on Facebook during most of it. The best line, which I'm sure those who enjoy Seuss already know: A person's a person, no matter how small. Maybe we'll watch the movie tomorrow.

Daughter's Review: One thumb up. One thumb down.

1 comment:

  1. This movie was just on tv a few weeks ago and Ben and I watched it. Really cute. We don't have the book though...we may have to add it to the Seuss collection we have.

    ReplyDelete