Saturday, September 18, 2010

64. Llama Llama Mad at Mama


Llama Llama Mad at Mama by Anna Dewdney
borrowed from the library

Llama doesn't want to go shopping with his mama.

Mom's Review: I've heard good things about these books, so I was excited when I saw them in the library. I selected the "mad at mama" one because, well, for one reason or another, the offspring is mad at me: won't let her have another cup of coffee, won't let her wear make up to school, won't let her stand on a ball. Ya know, the usual stuff. Anyhow, I enjoyed the verse, and the perspective of Llama. It amazes me when adults can accurately put see a child's view. Sure, we all remember when we were kids, but this line really got me: "Yucky music, great big feet. Ladies smelling way too sweet. Look at knees and stand in line. Llama Llama starts to whine." Blah! I used to *hate* shopping with my mother. So boring. Good job, Anna Dewdney! The illustrations were cute, but a bit freaky because, to me, Llama and his mama look like human/llama hybrids.

Daughter's Review: It was good because it had a mommy and a baby.

2 comments:

  1. I love this book, its one of my favorite. When Peyton gives me a choice of books, I pick this one a lot. I like the way it flows when read, that you can put emotion into it instead of just reading words. Don't know if I'm saying that right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand what you're saying. Do you have any other of the llama books?

    ReplyDelete