Friday, August 20, 2010

42. Caramba


Caramba Written and Illustrated by Marie-Louise Gay
Caramba the cat learns that being different is OK.

Mom's Review:
I really embrace the moral of this story: It's OK to be different. Everyone is unique and can find their way in the world with their own talents. LOVE IT! However... Caramba the cat was different from other cats because he couldn't fly. Did I miss something? In this book, cats can fly. To me that's weird and I'm having difficulty accepting it. I don't know why, it just doesn't makes sense and it annoys me that I'm just supposed to accept that all cats can fly. I don't know why this is an issue especially since cats don't talk or wear suspenders either. Perhaps I need to expand my imagination a bit.

Daughter's Review: I liked it because it had a cat and a pig in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment