Thursday, August 19, 2010

41.Captain's Purr


Captain's Purr by Madeleine Floyd
The story of Captain and his adventures.

Mom's Review: At first I thought the story was sort of boring. Very matter of fact story about what a cat does during the day. But at night, when he goes out (for the record, I disagree with letting cats out at night)he rows in his boat to meet his sweetheart. Cute! The illustrations are worth buying/borrowing this book. I actually think I want to put this on my "to buy" list because the watercolors(?) are just that beautiful. It's obvious that Ms. Floyd knows her cat because the depictions are perfection: from cleaning his ears, to sleeping on books, to washing his back. All of the positions are dead on. Definitely a book for cat lovers. I would buy a print of the first page of this book and hang it in my living room.

Daughter's Review: I liked it because he was handsome.

No comments:

Post a Comment