Sunday, August 15, 2010

33. A Very Brave Witch

A Very Brave Witch by Alison McGhee and Harry Bliss
In this story, witches are afraid of humans, except for one brave witch.

Mom's Review: Firstly, I have to say, that yes, I know it's not Halloween, but that doesn't really matter in my household. If Halloween season could be all year, well, that would be just about perfect. Anyhow, this book has been read and reread so many times, I can't even count. Before tonight's reading, my husband reminded us that before Abby could even really talk, she'd interject and say, "Poof!" when it was time. Wasn't that just yesterday? *sigh* The story itself is brief, but the illustrations are fun. Lots of details for the adults reading the story. For example, in the costume cellar, there is costume of Lucy Van Pelt and even the witch mask that she wore in "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!" And, in one glimpse of a cemetery, there is a tombstone with Joey Ramone's name on it. Cute, fun, seasonal read. Highly recommend.

Daughter's Review: I liked it because it had witches in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment