Friday, August 13, 2010

27. Miss Mopp's Lucky Day


Miss Mopp's Lucky Day by Leslie McGuire Pictures by Jody Silver
Miss Mopp is a baker who is heading to town with her goods, but realizes she forgot something. Just at the moment when a bunch of animals were going to grab her cakes, she remembered what she forgot and headed back home.

Mom's Review: Another book from when I was a kid. I loved this book for mainly one reason: I love Miss Mopp's kitchen filled with cakes and cupcakes. And the book lining? LOVE IT. Lots of cupcakes with pink frosting and a cherry on top. I know that has nothing to do with the book, but it's difficult for me to separate my adult self from my kid self with these books from my youth. The story is still cute, bit for me, this book is about the illustrations of the cakes.

Daughter's Review: I liked it because all the animals came for cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment