Thursday, August 12, 2010

26. But No Elephants


But No Elephants by Jerry Smath

Grandma Tildy is ready and willing to buy animals from the pet man, but she doesn't want a freakin' elephant, already!

Mom's Review: This is one of my childhood books. It's kind of silly that there's a street-wandering pet salesman, but you just have to brush that aside and accept it. (She tells herself.) Grandma buys up his animals and they are helpful. Eventually, she ends up with the elephant and regrets it almost immediately because he breaks her house and eats up all of her stored food. The elephant feels badly so he walks his newly adopted family to somewhere warm. And of course, they all live happily ever after. I don't really know or even care what the moral is, to me, it's a good book because it's one of my childhood favorites and that's all I have to say about that.

Daughter's Review: I liked it because of all the pets in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment