Saturday, August 7, 2010

17. Stone Soup

Stone Soup by Marcia Brown
Three clever (conniving?) soldiers manage to make an entire village contribute their prized (and hidden) crops to create Stone Soup.

Mom's Review: This can be looked at a couple of ways, I'm going to go with the not-so-cynical view (surprising, I know.) Three hungry soldiers manipulate the greedy villages into feeding them. I'm going with the less cynical view because the soldiers shared the soup they had the villagers create with them. I think the meaning of this book was lost on Abby.

Daughter's Review:* I liked it. I never had stone soup.

*I would like to point out that the daughter is much more interested in the books than she leads on by her reviews. I ask her open-ended questions in the hope of more information, but she knows that I want more details and purposely withholds. Thus is the nature of the mother-daughter relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment