Wednesday, March 2, 2011

If I Ran the Zoo


If I Ran the Zoo by Dr. Seuss

Gerald McGrew contemplates the animals he would acquire if he ran the zoo.

Mom's Review: Not a fan of this one. The premise of it pretty smart, I like the clever made up animals, and how it gets a kid to think about the animals that s/he would have in his/her imaginary zoo; but, I do NOT like the made up words. It's annoying to read rhyming non-existent words. Today is Dr. Seuss' birthday and we're celebrating it by taking a break from his books. I may be the only person in the world who doesn't think he's a mastermind of children's literature.

Daughter's Review: I liked it because I like animals.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of the made up words either. I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also failed to mention that I skipped a few pages while reading. Shhh!

    ReplyDelete