Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Bad Case of Stripes


A Bad Case of Stripes by David Shannon

A little girl has a very odd condition.

Mom's Review: Confession: I'm 34 and still get the occasional case of the stripes. Don't know what that means? Get your hands on this book! You may realize that you still suffer from stripes. And you'll realize that you want to avoid them and you want your child to avoid them too. Basically, having the stripes is the physical manifestation of what happens when you care too much about what other think of you. No one needs that pressure! The images are beautiful and clever. I haven't asked Abby for her review yet, but I know that she loves this book because she loves looking at the pictures. She also is curious to know if this is a true story. *sigh* What a loaded question.
I'm adding David Shannon to my list of favorite authors.

Daughter's Review: I like it because I like different colors. I also like lima beans even though I don't know what they are. Do they taste like limes?

No comments:

Post a Comment