Sunday, February 27, 2011

Puss in Boots


Puss in Boots by Charles Perrault Illustrated by Fred Marcellino


The tale of the smart cat who wore a pair of boots.

Mom's Review: OK, I'll admit it, I became curious about the origins of Puss from the Shrek movies. Sue me. Sure, I've heard of Puss, but not until Shrek was I curious of his past. I really like this book because (in my best Abby impression): I like cats and I like pretty pictures. Puss is one clever cat. Yeah, he's manipulative and sneaky, but whatever. He's a talking cat. In boots. Would I recommend it for your kiddos? Difficult to say. Read it yourself first. It's definitely written at a level more advanced than what a five-year-old can comprehend. Also, Puss kills a bunny (Abby thought that was awesome... should I be concerned?!), there are some nasty threats(Puss threatens to turn some working people into sausage meat if they don't comply with his wishes). Overall, I like this book, the illustrations are absolutely stunning. If you don't want to read it to your child, at least show him/her the pictures and make up your own words. They're that appealing.

Daughter's Review: I liked it because I like pusses. That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment