Monday, October 25, 2010

81. Never Ever Talk to Strangers!


Never Ever Talk to Strangers by Anne Marie Pace Illustrated by Guy Francis

Title kinda sums up the book.

Mom's Review: I wanted to find a book that touched upon this topic without being overly alarmist or frightening. This book really filled the bill. My favorite part is the summary at the end with "Rules for Stranger Safety." Rule #4 is about what a child should do if s/he gets lost "in a busy place, like a grocery store or the mall" and I think this is an important item worth mentioning... I never even thought of: "Stop walking and look for a mommy with kids or a person who works in the store behind the cash register." I thought of the cashier thing before, but I think it's a smart and good idea to find a "Mommy with kids." Great tip!

Daughter's Review: I liked it because it has safety in it.

1 comment:

  1. this is such a tough subject for us. it's hard to explain this to kids. once we were in the grocery store and this really nice woman at the check out was talking to ben and because i was there, he was fine about it. then in the car he said "so mommy, that lady isn't a stranger anymore, right?"

    ReplyDelete