Saturday, September 18, 2010

62. The Fierce Yellow Pumpkin

The Fierce Yellow Pumpkin by Margaret Wise Brown Pictures by Richard Egielski
(borrowed from the library)
Halloween-ish tale by Margaret Wise Brown.

Mom's Review: This book is absolutely nothing like The Runaway Bunny or Good Night, Moon, Margaret Wise Brown's, other super popular children's books. So, I was a bit disappointed reading it because I wanted it to be cute, simple, and minimalist like the others, but it wasn't. After realizing the difference, I reread the book and decided that I like it. It's about a growing pumpkin and his evolution into a jack o'lantern. I really enjoyed the continuing description of the pumpkin, "fat little, round little, yellow little pumpkin..." This is one I would like to purchase. The illustrations were cute, but I longed for the drawing by Clement Hurd.

Daughter's Review:
I liked it because it had a pumpkin in it. (note to self: try to ask daughter questions about book while not watching "Sponge Bob")

No comments:

Post a Comment