Wednesday, September 1, 2010

55. The Wizard of Oz


The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum Illustrated by Charles Santore
borrowed from the library.
Is a summary needed?!

Mom's Review: This is the first time in my life that I have read any version of any Oz book. That's just wrong. When Abby saw this book in the young adolescent section, she got excited and we decided to borrow it. I explained to her that it would take awhile to read and she was OK with that. I was surprised that the book held her interest because, as is true with just about every book and movie partenership, the book is different than the movie. I enjoyed reading this because it was different than the movie. The illustrations were stunning. Bold colors (my favorite) and subtle details. I loved the various two-page spreads of just illustrations. We would spend time and just look at the pictures. Abby wants to read this book again, so we may buy it. Very happy about this find! As an aside, while we were waiting for Abby's Daddy to join us we were looking at the book jacket and reading about the illustrator. Turns out he is from Philadelphia and that had her excited!

Daughter's Review:
It was pretty neat. I was surprised it was different from the movie. I liked all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment