Sunday, August 22, 2010

47. Pickle Things.


Pickle Things by Marc Brown

A whole lot of pickle rhymes about things that are not made out of pickles and things that you can and can do with pickles.

Mom's Review: This was my absolute favorite book when I was little. I would "read" this book over and over. Taking cues from the illustrations, and the bits I memorized from my dad reading it, I felt very proud when I "read" it. Tonight after we read it, Abby did the exact same thing that I did. It was surreal.

Daughter's Review: I like it because (can you guess?) it has pickles in it.
(As an aside, she's reading it again now.)

4 comments:

  1. Ok this oils adorable from the cover.
    So do you own all these books so far? That one from your childhood that was mega bucks on amazon is crazy. Just wondering if you have this awesome library!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Onna, this is one we own, it's my beat up copy from long ago. And I know! I looked at amazon last night and couldn't believe it!

    A lot of these books that we read are from the library, some are ours. I guess I should mention that in the posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No you don't have to mention that,I was just wondering if the library might have them. I've been wanting to get Sydney her own library card for sometime and I think I might do that and pick up some of these titles :)

    Thanks for sharing these, they are wonderful and I love reading about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The library is a lot of fun! I'm glad you like reading about the blog, it makes me feel good to know that some one is reading! :)

    ReplyDelete